Saturday, October 4, 2008

Ready, set, knit

I'm ready to get back into knitting again after a two week holiday. The stitches on my left index finger were removed this week, and it's actually healing quite well. The fingernail does not look pretty, but if you look at my hand with palm facing it actually looks quite normal. So that's what I'll show you!

While watching the Canadian English debate on Thursday night I did a little swatch to see if I was ready, but I decided that another few days rest were needed. Today, things look good and I'm without either a band-aid or splint. I'm actually keyboarding using the finger now, so this is a good progress. The initial estimate was no knitting for six weeks.......so I'm very relieved to be ahead of this estimate by a month.

I guess I'll sew up my BSJ (Baby Surprise Jacket) and then start another BSJ, this time one that will fit an infant rather than my bunny! I must say that I didn't know why so many people talked about this jacket until I made it myself. It is fairly straightforward, fun to knit, and each knitter produces a different version, through the yarn weight and colours selected. I really enjoyed seeing the pictures of the BSJ's that other knitters made, plus all the little extras, such as collars, tabs, etc., and will paw through my stash for inspiration.

No comments: