Monday, October 6, 2008

Hugs and Kisses

My first finger workout. This past weekend I decided to work on a quick charity project - the Hugs and Kisses Cap design donated by Mags Kandis for afghans for Afghans. I'll be donating this to the Warm Hands Network.
This knit up quite quickly. As my last two hats were pink ones, for girls, I decided to knit up a male version, and I used a DK weight 100% wool yarn in my stash in dark grey with teal green for the accent.

I knit the seed stitch band, but didn't like it, as I found it was a bit loose, so I cut and removed the band.

I now needed to knit a conventional K1 P1 ribbing band from the picked up stitches. I also added a turn up row, and doubled the band as it would make a much warmer hat. Even when charity knitting, it is easy to go back and make modifications in order to be 100% pleased with the final product.

Just waiting to finish the tassel at the top and sew in the ends.

No comments: