Friday, October 17, 2008

More Hugs and Kisses

I'm in GST deferral mode. I should be completing my financial account for the month, but decided to take a brief rav/blog break. I'm still trying to decide what big project to work on next. Christmas present? Baby gift? Not sure, so in the interim I decided to knit another hugs and kisses cap for charity. I'm having fun with the bits of mostly no-name wool in my TV stash basket - still working on the boy colours, browns, greys, etc. Here's number 2.

Decided to knit another one (they are addictive). Here's number 3, in process, that I started last night in soft grey and brown. Now I love the effect, but I must say, the grey yarn (who knows what it is...) is quite soft and keeps breaking - which will mean some ends to sew in. Now, I wasn't sure if I would have enough yarn for a double band, so I did a provisional cast on and then will knit the band at the end. I'm picking up stitches for the band now.

Here's a picture of the first Hugs and Kisses cap, finished with the double tassel. one of things I've been playing with is the tassel, or shall we say tassels. My first had a double tassel, second a single tassel - now I think this time a multi-coloured tassel is in order! I'm going to make it up and attach it before I proceed with the band, so that I don't run out of yarn.

1 comment:

Aline said...

Welcome to the blog world! My first anniversary is this week and I still love it!
Your feather and fan throw is beautiful. Now I wonder if you block it everytime you wash it or just the once? Oh my.
Happy knitting!