Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Foot therapy

I can tell summer is almost over and fall is coming when my toes start to get cold again - during the day, in the evening and during the night.
I bought a pair of toeless foot therapy socks this summer which I have been trying out. After a bath or shower I apply foot cream then slip my feet into these socks, therefore keeping the moisture from the foot cream on my heels. The storebought socks have a gel pad on the heel area which is supposed to help, but I have also heard that plain cotton socks are good as well....so let's see if I can come up with something that will do the trick, but this time with toes, as now my toes are cold.
Tomorrow I will look in the sock box and also look at all fingering weight yarn that I have in my stash and see if there is something that will knit up into a warmer pair of socks. Perhaps some reinforced nylon in the heel area will help with the cream retention.
Also thinking of socks, I've been thinking of knitting a pair of Austrian twisted stitch socks. I purchased the 3-volume set Uberlieferte Strickmuster, by Maria Erlbacher and was inspired by the Bayerische socks on See Eunny Knit!
I'll have to pull out those books and play around with some patterning.

1 comment:

Lucie said...

Hi Nancy and welcome to the blog world. Great to see you yesterday.